I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Here is your home learning for this week.
Here is the link to access the videos which will help you in these lessons. I really recommend that you watch them before trying to complete the worksheets. https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/
Some parts of these lessons require you to use a protractor. If you don’t have one of these at home please do not worry, you can just skip those questions and do the rest.
White Rose Answer Sheets
Lesson 1 Answers – Vertically opposite angles
Lesson 2 Answers – Angles in a triangle – missing angles
Lesson 3 Answers – Angles in special quadrilaterals
Lesson 4 Answers – Angles in regular polygons
Every day at school we will have a reading session. This will either be completing and discussing the following comprehensions or having ERIC.
The Space Times – Solar Eclipse at Eclipseville
My Journey Into Space
Your writing task this week is slightly different. At school we are going to be writing a letter to our new secondary schools, and I would like those of you at home to do the same.
The letter is going to be all about you! These are the things you should think about before writing it:
– What makes you happy? Can you list 10 things?
– Who are you? What is your name? What is your personality like?
– Your family and pets – who have you been living with during lockdown? Who do you get on with the best and why? Do you have any pets?
– Primary school – what school have you been to? What lessons do you like? Do you have any special or funny memories?
– Hobbies – what do you do for fun? What hobbies/activities did you do during lockdown? Is there anything you have missed doing?
– Your new school – what things are you looking forward to? Are you worried about anything? What would you like your new teachers to know about you?
– Ambitions – what hopes and dreams do you have for the future? Are there any jobs you think you would like to do? Are there any places you would like to visit?